IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Saturday, August 13, 2005

ONE MONTH TO GO

Well, today is exactly one month till my scheduled CI surgery(Sept. 13th). While there is still no question that I am anxious to have the CI, I most worry about how I will feel when I wake up and how I will cope with it. Thanks to the on line support groups I belong to, I know pretty whell what can happen, and that's what concerns me. I did tell the surgeon I wanted anti-nausea and anti-pain meds, and will remind them again when I get to the hospital. Last week, I made a surgery checklist for myself. I also made an appointment with my regular doctor on Sept. 7th for my regular 6 month check up. I want to go into surgery healthy! My sister will come from New York on Sept. 8th to visit and help me through recuperation. She, and maybe my daughter who lives out here, will be at my activation on October 7th. I guess now all I have to do is wait and worry......just kidding! I'm really not worrying about how successful my CI will be as it can't be any worse than it is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home