IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Friday, September 09, 2005

THIS WEEK'S EVENTS

On Wednesday, September 8th, I had my 6 month regular medical check up with my regular doctor. I got a clean bill of health as usual. My doctor knew, and was quite happy I was getting a CI. He wished me the best.
Today, I had my Pre-Op appointment. It lasted an hour and a half. The nurse asked me a zillion questions about my health, as she dutifully typed away on the computer keyboard. Some of the questions seemed superfluous, as did some of the things she examined(like having me remove my shoe and sock on one foot after which she felt around the foot for a few minutes). I was also given an EKG, which I suppose was due to my blood pressure being somewhat high. I was told that I had to be at the surgery admission's office at 9:15 on Tuesday next, a half hour earlier than originally scheduled. Also, I was finally given an actual surgery time as 10:45AM.
Last night, my sister arrived from back east, and joined me at the Pre-Op appointment. Earlier today, we went shopping, and I got some apple sauce, jello, soup, peanut butter, etc for the first few days after surgery.
I am still a bit nervous, and hope whatever they put in the IV to relax me works. I was told that whatever meds they recommend will be given to my sister, who will pick them up at the pharmacy while I am getting that hole in my head.
Now, the hardest part.............waiting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home