IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Saturday, October 08, 2005

MY ACTIVATION!!

All I can say is WOW!!! When my sister and I arrived at 9:30, we were greeted by my Audie, Amy Popp from Cochlear Corp, And Karen, the new Cochlear rep in this area. After going through the usual preliminaries(electrode test, T & C, etc), they turned me on! I was AMAZED to hear my Audie VERY clearly indeed!!! Admittedly, she was very high pitched. but clear, That has always been my problem....clarity. Amy covered her mouth and called off states. I missed only 2 out of 10 or so....Texas(sorry Kelly) and Vermont. When my Audie explained the Freedom controls, I heard every word. Just before we got into the car to leave the Center, my sister stood behind me and said"Do you hear me?" Of course I said "Yes". When we got home, we made 2 calls on my speakerphone. I heard my niece in New York state pretty clearly(she talks slow), but it was harder to understand my daughter on her cell phone in Hawaii. Now, I am excited!! I know it will get better, but if it didn't I would still be extremely pleased. Now I have to read the instruction books and practice. Next appointment with the Audie is Tuesday.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home