IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Monday, April 14, 2008

SMART SOUNDS2 INSTALLED

I had Smart Sounds2 installed in program slots 2(Beam), 3(Sensitivity) and 4(Music) a couple of weeks ago. Truthfully, I don't find a great deal of improvement. Program 1 was allegedly left untouched, but I find the volume louder so I turned it down 1 notch. Beam is about the same. Sensitivity appears somewhat better in noise, but not a great improvement. Music may be marginally better, but hard to determine and quantify. Any program would be better than the last one which I had hoped would improve music. I guess music the way I remember it is a lost cause. Possibly things will get better as my brain adjusts to the new programs with Smart Sounds2.

1 Comments:

  • Well no time long see :)

    Is the Smart Sound the new strategy that Cochlear has been working on?

    By Blogger Abbie, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home