IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

MY 6 MONTH TESTING

Yesterday I saw my Audie for my 6 month testing. She gave me 4 tests in the "Torture Chamber" as follows: 1. Sounds - buzzes, beeps, etc. 2. She called out words and I repeated them 3. A recorded male voice called out sentences which I repeated. 4. A recorded male voice called out words which I repeated. While I don't remember the exact score for each one, they ranged from 75% to 87%. Considering these scores were 0% before my CI, my Audie thought I did great! Personally, I would have wanted to do better, but my ability to hear in so many ways real world-wise is sufficient consolation. The Audie also tweaked my regular program to cut down on the echo effect, and gave me 2 additional programs to try for music(I told her it still sounded very bad).

1 Comments:

  • Hello Irv.

    I'm visiting your site for the first time. I do not have a CI, but I have always wondered if a CI helps bring back music in the way we remember it with our full hearing. I've heard some CI users say it has really improved their ability to hear music, while others have said, it's just not the same. I noticed you said music still sounds pretty awful. Can you expand on this?

    Thanks for sharing.

    ~LaRonda
    www.earofmyheart.com

    By Blogger LaRonda, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home