IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Sunday, December 11, 2005

UPDATE

So far my ability to hear in face to face and phone conversations is still very good. The only problem is still music. Yesterday I played a Mantovani tape on my stereo, and the music sounded more like Spike Jones and his City Slickers(the older readers will remember his band). I refuse to give up though. I keep playing music so hopefully my brain will say "Oh, so that's what music should sound like" some time in the future. Last week, sitting in the front seat of a quite car(no radio), I could hear the person in the back seat clearly while I was looking ahead. I suppose if I use the direct connect mike, I could probably hear better with the radio on, but I haven't tried it. Hearing the TV sound is quite good, but not perfect. It is hard to know whether some voices which are hard to make out would be the same for normal hearing persons or not. An example is during a sporting event when fans are cheering. It's been just over 3 months since activation, and I have no regrets. I feel more like a normal person, not having to impose on other people to extend their actions so I can hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home