IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

MY SECOND MAPPING

I went yesterday for my second mapping. The Audie worked for 2 hours, made 2 calls to Cochlear Corp.(I think), and finally programmed Ace with 4 volumes and ADRO on each into my processor. As yet, I haven't tried it by conversing with anyone, but today I will get that chance. At home, it appeared that the environmental noise was not as bothersome as before and the TV sounded marginally clearer. I asked the Audie about the Volume and Sensitivity controls on the Freedom. She said at this stage, the 4 programs were volume ones and ADRO did the sensitivity thing automatically. She also felt the use of these controls were very confusing and not real user friendly. My personal opinion is that she is taking me slowly along. My next mapping date is November 8th, and she will see how I am doing before she goes further. I have no problem with that. I have been hearing speech fine, but the environmental sounds have been undistinguishable, one from the other.......a lot of chirps and whistles of different pitch. In the next few days, I hope to try some of the hearing practice websites. Yes, I'm still very happy with my CI!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home