IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

MY 3 MONTH CHECK UP

Yesterday, I visited Dr Maw for my 3 month check-up. Boy, how time flies. She gave me a clean bill as far as the CI was concerned. She did think the magnet may be too strong, and will tell the audiologist to reduce the strength a bit. I mentioned to her that about two weeks ago, I had a severe dizzy spell when I lay down to sleep on the CI side. It had never happened before. I was told it was called benign positional vertigo, and very common in patients who have had head surgery like a CI. To be sure, she tested me by laying me down suddenly on the CI side, and sure enough, it happened again. It is a VERY uncomfortable feeling. Dr Maw said there was something called the Epley Maneuver that gets rid of it 95% of the time, but she didn't do it for me. It can leave you dizzy for a bit, and I was driving home alone. I made an appointment to have it done in early January. Just to be clear about this, I am fine during normal waking hours(No Dizzy Spells). As long as I don't make any sudden head movements toward the CI side like laying down too fast, I should be OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home