IRV STARR'S COCHLEAR IMPLANT JOURNEY

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

WENT DIRECTLY TO COCHLEAR CORP.

Since I did not want to wait till February 6th to start the ball rolling on getting a replacement for my cracked Freedom processor. I E-Mailed Linn Tierney at Cochlear Corp. and asked for her help. I found out that they have been having cracking problems with the silver processors, and have improved the material they are made of. I also discovered that the processor has an upper and lower piece which can be separated by a gentle twist. Only the top piece houses the program electronics, and the lower piece which houses the batteries(and is cracked on my unit) can be sent directly to me since no work by an Audie is needed. Linn conveyed my message to Customer Service(Dave Gaskill), and he is setting in motion my replacement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home